Our Year 7 netball team had their final tournament of this netball season rescheduled from before Easter.

Our first match saw us face King Edwards. This game was fuelled by determination from the girls to have a win to start off our tournament. Our defence placed immediate pressure on the King Edwards shooters and attacking players causing many turnover balls allowing us to have a chance to break down our defence. We came so close in breaking down their defence but a quick play off passes saw King Edwards taking the lead 1-0. The pressure stayed till the very end and the ball kept moving between each team, however a late penalty saw King Edwards take the win 2-0.

Our second match was against The Hart. Despite an early loss, the girls put all of their focus onto this match and created so many beautiful plays. After a lovely feed into our shooting circle, we took the lead 1-0 but a quick centre pass from Hart meant the match became level at 1-1. The girls didn’t let the quick counter from the other team affect them, and a lovely defensive intercept saw the ball travel down the court and into our shooting circle, allowing us to win 2-1.

Our third game of our group saw us take on Kingsmead. Our defence worked amazingly together again and allowing many flying interceptions to happen from everyone in our defensive third. Unfortunately, due to some missed time passes and tiredness, we ended up drawing 0-0. There were many positives to take from this game into our next one as we really started to see the girls work together in getting intercepts and working the ball down the court.

Our final match of the group was versus Chase Terrace and the girls had been playing amazing, but we were lacking goals. A few changes later, with even defenders becoming shooters, but that didn’t stop the girls once. After lovely passes and defensive pressure, we saw the goals start flying in. There were many screams of encouragement for everyone, from our sixth form helpers throughout the whole match and tournament. The girls ended up winning this match 3-1 and a place in the semi-finals.

After a short break, we found out that we were into the semi-finals against EDA. However, a very quick start from EDA saw us down 3-0 but this didn’t stop the girls from putting their everything into this match. One goal saw us chancing the gap but unfortunately, we ran out of time meaning we lost by 2 goals.

Hollie Wright, team coach, said: “An amazing day out and experience for the girls with lots of teamwork and laughs along the way. There will definitely be some sore throats tomorrow. Overall, we finished 3rd out of 11 schools. A fantastic way to finish the season and to keep the enthusiasm bubbling while we put netballs away and get out the rounders equipment.”